Time Management in Workflows with Loops
The goal of this research is to enable proactive time management for workflows with loops. We want to offer time constraint patterns that allow the formulation of time constraints on activities that are contained in loops.
Furthermore we design an algorithm for timed workflow graph computation considering loops and given time constraints. We use the time constraints to bind unbounded loops such that we iteratively expand the workflow, compute the timed workflow graph and check the satisfiability of the time constraints.
We also deal with a fast recomputation of a timed workflow graph at the runtime, which is needed to care for slack distribution, situation assessment and enactment of escalation strategies.
KeywordsTime Constraint Time Management Iterative Graph Expansion Graph Expansion Situation Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cimatti, A., Hunsberger, L., Micheli, A., Posenato, R., Roveri, M.: Sound and complete algorithms for checking the dynamic controllability of temporal networks with uncertainty, disjunction and observation. In: 21st International Symposium on Temporal Representation and Reasoning (TIME 2014), pp. 27–36. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Combi, C., Gambini, M., Migliorini, S., Posenato, R.: Representing business processes through a temporal data-centric workflow modeling language: An application to the management of clinical pathways. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems 44(9), 1182–1203 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Eder, J., Panagos, E., Rabinovich, M.: Workflow time management revisited. In: Bubenko, J., et al. (eds.) Seminal Contributions to Information Systems Engineering, pp. 207–213. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Foyo, P.M.G.D., Silva, J.R.: Using time petri nets for modeling and verification of timed constrained workflow systems. ABCM Symposium Series in Mechatronics 3, 471–478 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Lanz, A., Posenato, R., Combi, C., Reichert, M.: Controllability of time-aware processes at run time. In: Meersman, R., Panetto, H., Dillon, T., Eder, J., Bellahsene, Z., Ritter, N., De Leenheer, P., Dou, D. (eds.) ODBASE 2013. LNCS, vol. 8185, pp. 39–56. Springer, Heidelberg (2013) CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lu, R., Sadiq, S.W., Padmanabhan, V., Governatori, G.: Using a temporal constraint network for business process execution. In: Dobbie, G., Bailey, J. (eds.) ADC 2006 Proceedings of the 17th Australasian Database Conference. CRPIT, vol. 49, pp. 157–166. Australian Computer Society (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Marjanovic, O.: Dynamic verification of temporal constraints in production workflows. In: 11th Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2000), pp. 74–81. IEEE (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Pichler, H.: Time management for workflow systems. A probabilistic approach for basic and advanced control flow structures. Ph.D. thesis, Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt (2006)Google Scholar