Understanding Personal Mobility Patterns for Proactive Recommendations
This paper proposes an innovative methodology for extracting and learning personal mobility patterns. The objective is to award daily commuters in a city with personalized and proactive recommendations, related with their mobility habits on a daily basis. In currently approaches, users have to explicitly provide their routes (origin, destination and date/time) to a routing engine in order to be notified about traffic events. The proposed approach goes beyond and learns daily mobility habits from the users, without the need to provide any information. The work presented here, is currently being addressed under the EU OPTIMUM project. Results achieved establish the basis for the formalization of the OPTIMUM domain knowledge on personal mobility patterns.
KeywordsIntelligent transport systems Mobility patterns Data acquisition Machine learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEEE.org: IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society. http://sites.ieee.org/itss/ (accessed April 7, 2014)
- 2.Brabham, D.: Moving the crowd at iStockphoto: The composition of the crowd and motivations for participation in a crowdsourcing application. First Monday (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Gutiérrez, C., Figueiras, P., Oliveira, P., Costa, R., Jardim-Goncalves, R.: Twitter mining for traffic events detection. In: Science and Information Conference, London (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Tseng, P.-J., Hung, C.-C., Chang, T.-H., Chuang, Y.-H.: Real-time urban traffic sensing with GPS equipped probe vehicles. In: 12th International Conbference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, C.H., Hsu, C.W., Yao, C.C.: A novel design for full automatic parking system. In: 2th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Hung, J.C., Lee, A.M.-C., Shih, T.K.: Customized navigation systems with the mobile devices of public transport. In: 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Chueh, T.-H., Chou, K.-L., Liu, N., Tseng, H.-R.: An analysis of energy saving and carbon reduction strategies in the transportation sector in Taiwan. In: 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, I.-X., Wu, Y.-C., Liao, I.-C., Hsu, Y.-Y.: A high-scalable core telematics platform design for intelligent transport systems. In: 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, Taipei, Taiwan (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Mokbel, M., Bao, J., Eldawy, A., Levandoski, J., Sarwat, M.: Personalization, socialization, and recommendations in location-based services 2.0. In: PersDB 2001 Workshop, Seattle (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Zheng, Y., Zhang, L., Xie, X., Ma, W.-Y.: Mining interesting locations and travel sequences from gps trajectories. In: 18th International Conference On World Wide Web, Madrid (2009)Google Scholar