MoveIt!: An Introduction
MoveIt! is state of the art software for mobile manipulation, incorporating the latest advances in motion planning, manipulation, 3D perception, kinematics, control and navigation. It provides an easy-to-use platform for developing advanced robotics applications, evaluating new robot designs and building integrated robotics products for industrial, commercial, R&D and other domains. MoveIt! is the most widely used open-source software for manipulation and has been used on over 65 different robots. This tutorial is intended for both new and advanced users: it will teach new users how to integrate MoveIt! with their robots while advanced users will also be able to get information on features that they may not be familiar with.
KeywordsMotion Planning Inverse Kinematic Motion Planner Advanced User Collision Check
MoveIt! is developed and maintained by a large community of users. Special mention should be made of Dave Hershberger, Dave Coleman, Michael Ferguson, Ioan Sucan and Acorn Pooley for supporting and maintaining MoveIt! and its associated components in ROS over the last few years.
- 1.S. Chitta, E.G. Jones, M. Ciocarlie, K. Hsiao, Perception, planning, and execution for mobile manipulation in unstructured environments. IEEE Robot. Autom. Mag. Special Issue on Mobile Manipulation 19(2), 58–71 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.S. Chitta, E.G. Jones, I. Sucan, Arm Navigation. http://wiki.ros.org/arm_navigation (2010)
- 3.J. Pan, S. Chitta, D. Manocha, FCL: a general purpose library for collision and proximity queries, in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.D. Coleman, Integrating IKFast with MoveIt!: A Tutorial. http://docs.ros.org/hydro/api/moveit_ikfast/html/doc/ikfast_tutorial.html (2014)
- 5.S. Chitta, A. Pooley, D. Hershberger, I. Sucan, MoveIt! http://moveit.ros.org (2015)
- 6.The ROS Control Framework. http://wiki.ros.org/ros_control 2014