Decision-Level Sensor-Fusion Based on DTRS
A decision-level sensor fusion based on decision-theoretic rough set (DTRS) model is proposed. Sensor fusion is the process of combining sensor readings from disparate resources such that the resulting information is more accurate and complete. Decision-level sensor fusion combines the detection results instead of raw data of different sensors, and it is most suitable when we have different types of sensors. Rough set theory offers a three-way decision approach to combine sensor results into three regions and reasoning under uncertain circumstances. Based on DTRS, we build a cost-sensitive sensor fusion model. A loss function is interpreted as the costs of making different classification decisions, the computation of required thresholds to define the three regions is based on the loss functions. Finally, an illustrative example demonstrates the framework’s effectiveness and validity.
KeywordsSensor fusion Rough sets Cost-sensitive Uncertainty Three-way
- 3.Freeling, A.N.S.: Possibility versus fuzzy probabilities - two alternatives. In: Zimmermann, H.J., Zadeh, L.A., Gaines, B.R. (eds.) Fuzzy Sets and Decision Analysis. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.Gros, B., Bruschini, C.: Sensor technologies for the detection of antipersonnel mines: a survey of current research and system developments. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Measurement and Control in Robotics (ISMCR’96), Brussels, Belgium, pp. 509–518 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Hall, D.L.: Mathematical Techniques in Multi-sensor Data Fusion. Artech House Inc, Norwood (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, T., Fei, M.: Information fusion in wireless sensor network based on rough set. In: IEEE International Conference on Network Infrastructure and Digital Content, pp. 129–134 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, H., Chen, Y.: Sensor data fusion using rough set for mobile robots system. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE/ASME International Conference, pp. 1–5 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Yao, Y.Y., Wong, S.K.M., Lingras, P.: A decision-theoretic rough set model. In: Ras, Z.W., Zemankova, M., Emrich, M.L. (eds.) Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, New York, North-Holland, vol. 5, pp. 17–24 (1990)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.