Rubya: A Tool for Generating Rules for Incremental Maintenance of RDF Views
We present Rubya, a tool that automatically generates the RDF view defined on top of relational data and all rules required for the incremental maintenance of the RDF view. Our approach relies on the designer to specify a mapping between the relational schema and a target ontology and results in a specification of how to represent relational schema concepts in terms of RDF classes and properties of the designers choice. Based on this mapping, the rules for incrementally maintenance of the RDF view are generated.
KeywordsRDF view maintenance RDB-to-RDF Linked data
This work was partly funded by FCT with references UID/CEC/50021/2013 and EXCL/EEI-ESS/0257/2012 (DataStorm) and grants SFRH/BPD/76024/2011; by CNPq, under grants 442338/2014-7 and 303332/2013-1; and by FAPERJ, under grant E-26/201.337/2014.
- 1.Berners-Lee, T.: Design issues: Linked data (2006). http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html
- 2.Carroll, J.J., Dickinson, I., Dollin, C., Reynolds, D., Seaborne, A., Wilkinson, K.: Jena: implementing the semantic web recommendations. In: WWW Alt 2004, pp. 74–83. ACM, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Deng, Y., Hung, E., Subrahmanian, V.: Maintaining RDF views. Technical report CS-TR-4612 (UMIACS-TR-2004-54), University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Michel, F., Montagnat, J., Faron-Zucker, C.: A survey of RDB to RDF translation approaches and tools. Research report, I3S (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Spanos, D.E., Stavrou, P., Mitrou, N.: Bringing relational databases into the semantic web: a survey. Semant. Web J. 3(2), 169–209 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Vidal, V.M.P., Casanova, M.A., Cardoso, D.S.: Incremental maintenance of RDF views of relational data. In: Meersman, R., Panetto, H., Dillon, T., Eder, J., Bellahsene, Z., Ritter, N., De Leenheer, P., Dou, D. (eds.) ODBASE 2013. LNCS, vol. 8185, pp. 572–587. Springer, Heidelberg (2013) CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Vidal, V.M.P., Casanova, M.A., Monteiro, J.M., Arruda Jr., N.M., Cardoso, D.S., Pequeno, V.M.: A framework for incremental maintenance of RDF views of relational data. In: ISWC 2014 Posters & Demonstrations Track, pp. 321–324 (2014)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.