SmartKeepers: A Decentralized, Secure, and Flexible Social Platform for Coworkers
Coworking (style of work that involves a shared working environment and networking) has emerged as an attractive model for organizations. It relies on a highly dynamic collaboration among different partners. Traditional centralized social platforms lack fundamental requirements for such a collaboration that are the management of the dynamic topology of such professional networks, privacy, data exchanges and ownership. In this paper, we present SmartKeepers, a decentralized and secure environment for coworking activities. Each user physically owns his node that he plugs in and out as he moves from one collaborative space to another. The system supports a large variety of network topologies and is fully interoperable with W3C compliant solutions. We showcase the cogency of the Semantic Web for building decentralized and secure services while keeping every user at the core of the data ownership process.
KeywordsAccess Control Access Control Policy Role Base Access Control Social Platform Access Control List
- 1.Giffin, D.B., Levy, A., Stefan, D., Terei, D., Mazières, D., Mitchell, J.C., Russo, A.: Hails: protecting data privacy in untrusted web applications. In: Operating Systems Design and Implementation (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Koll, D., Li, J., Fu, X.: Soup: an online social network by the people, for the people. In: Middleware (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Seong, S.-W., Seo, J., Nasielski, M., Sengupta, D., Hangal, S., Teh, S.K., Chu, R., Dodson, B., Lam, M.S.: PrPl: a decentralized social networking infrastructure. In: Mobile Cloud Computing (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Townsend, S.: What are you working on?: global knowledge sharing at deloitte. eLearn 2012(1) (2012). doi: 10.1145/2090108.2090109
- 6.Xu, T., Chen, Y., Zhao, J., Fu, X.: Cuckoo: towards decentralized, socio-aware online microblogging services and data measurements. In: Hot Topics in Planet-scale Measurement (2010)Google Scholar