Visual Analysis of Statistical Data on Maps Using Linked Open Data
- 964 Downloads
When analyzing statistical data, one of the most basic and at the same time widely used techniques is analyzing correlations. As shown in previous works, Linked Open Data is a rich resource for discovering such correlations. In this demo, we show how statistical analysis and visualization on maps can be combined to facilitate a deeper understanding of the statistical findings.
KeywordsLinked Open Data Visualization Correlations Statistical data
The work presented in this paper has been partly funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) under grant number PA 2373/1-1 (Mine@LOD).
- 1.Klímek, J., Helmich, J., Neasky, M.: Application of the linked data visualization model on real world data from the Czech LOD cloud. In: 6th International Workshop on the Linked Data on the Web (LDOW 2014) (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Mutlu, B., Hoefler, P., Tschinkel, G., Veas, E.E., Sabol, V., Stegmaier, F., Granitzer, M.: Suggesting visualisations for published data. In: Proceedings of IVAPP, pp. 267–275 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Peña, O., Aguilera, U., López-de Ipiña, D.: Linked open data visualization revisited: a survey. Under Review at Semant. Web J. (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Ristoski, P., Bizer, C., Paulheim, H.: Mining the web of linked data with rapidminer. In: Semantic Web Challenge at ISWC (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Ristoski, P., Paulheim, H.: Analyzing statistics with background knowledge from linked open data. In: Workshop on Semantic Statistics (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Schmachtenberg, M., Bizer, C., Paulheim, H.: Adoption of the linked data best practices in different topical domains. In: Mika, P., et al. (eds.) ISWC 2014, Part I. LNCS, vol. 8796, pp. 245–260. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar
- 8.Tilahun, B., Kauppinen, T., Keßler, C., Fritz, F.: Design and development of a linked open data-based health information representation and visualization system: potentials and preliminary evaluation. JMIR Med. Inf. 2(2), 196–208 (2014)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.