Tabu Search Algorithm for Routing and Spectrum Allocation of Multicast Demands in Elastic Optical Networks
- 1.1k Downloads
In this paper, the problem of routing multicast demands in elastic optical network (EON) is studied. In order to solve the problem in an efficient way, the tabu search algorithm with move prioritization mechanism is proposed. The algorithm is considered in 4 versions, which differ in the move generation process. Next, the numerical experiments are conducted in order to evaluate the algorithm performance and compare its different versions. According to the results, the proposed TS method achieves very good results and significantly outperforms the reference algorithms.
KeywordsElastic Optical Networks (EONs) Demand Multicast TS Algorithm Motion Generation Process Reference Algorithm
This work was supported by the Polish National Science Centre (NCN) under Grant DEC-2012/07/B/ST7/01215 and statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- 3.ITU-T Recommendation G.694.1 (ed. 2.0), Spectral grids for WDM applications: DWDM frequency grid, February 2012Google Scholar
- 8.Klinkowski, M., Pióro, M., Żotkiewicz, M., Ruiz, M., Velasco, L.: Valid inequalities for the routing and spectrum allocation problem in elastic optical networks. In: Proceedings of ICTON (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, Q., Chen, L. K.: Performance analysis of multicast traffic over spectrum elastic optical networks. In: Proceedings of OFC (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Yu, Z., Zhao, Y., Zhang, J., Yu, X., Chen, B., Lin, X.: Multicast routing and spectrum assignment in elastic optical networks. In: Proceedings of ACP (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Pióro, M., Medhi, D.: Routing, flow and capacity design in communication and computer networks (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Glover, F.: Tabu Search Fundamentals and Uses. University of Colorado, June 1995Google Scholar