AeroFX - Native Themes for JavaFX
The authors present an Open Source JavaFX skin, AeroFX, which is similar to the look and feel of Microsoft Windows 7.
Oracle announced to change the standard technology for graphical development of user interfaces away from Swing, which raised a strong response in the developer community. JavaFX is the announced successor of Swing, but it lacks the capability of developing user interfaces with a different look and feel than Modena, the default JavaFX skin. This look and feel can be customized with so called “skins”, which Oracle announced not to develop themselves.
KeywordsJavaFX Windows 7 Usability UX design Native skin
- 1.Anderson, J., McRee, J., Wilson, R.: Effective UI, pp. 12, 25, 30. O’Reilly, Sebastopol (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Djamasbi, S., et al.: Designing for success: creating business value with mobile user experience. DigitalCommons@WPI (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Hayes, J.R.: User interface design for online social media. B.Sc. thesis, California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Nawaz, A.: Website user experience. A cross-cultural study of the relation between users’ cognitive style, context of use, and information architecture of local websites. Dissertation, Copenhagen Business School (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.AeroFX GitHub Project. https://github.com/s1gpwr/aerofx
- 7.AeroFX Project Homepage. http://www.aerofx.org
- 8.AquaFX Project Homepage. http://aquafx-project.com
- 9.JavaFX-Native-Themes BitBucket Project. https://bitbucket.org/software4java/javafx-native-themes
- 10.JMetro Project Blog. http://pixelduke.wordpress.com
- 11.Maven Central Repository. https://search.maven.org
- 12.Oracle Bugtracker: [#RT-20299] Native Look and Feels. https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-20299