Towards to Enhancing Business Process Management in Corporate Environment: Emerging Markets View
Social BPM (BPM) is widely discussed in the scientific and business community. While the interest to the topic is elevating, the potential and benefits of employing Social BPM remain vague and ambiguous. This paper discusses these problems and elaborates on two different approaches of Social BPM: external and internal. Internal approach is about designing and modeling business processes inside the organization by all employees, who are insiders to the processes, while external is about participating and listening to all stakeholders such, as employees, current customers, potential customers, competitors and suppliers. We examined emerging markets, particularly Russia, to evaluate the spread of Social BPM there. The practice of integrating such tools in National Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia) is presented and the research was conducted to estimate stakeholders’ attitude to the system.
KeywordsSocial BPM BPM Social software Social media Knowledge management
- 1.BPM for Business. (2012). http://www.cnews.ru/reviews/index.shtml?2012/10/05/505579_1. Retrieved on October 28, 2012.
- 2.Drucker, P. (1993). Post-capitalist society. New York: Harper Business.Google Scholar
- 4.Sandy, K. (2010). Enterprise 2.0 meets business process management international handbooks on information systems 2010 (pp. 565–574). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 5.ABPMP. (2009). Guide to the business process management common bony of knowledge (BPM COK) 2 ed.Google Scholar
- 7.Mathiasen, P. (2011). Applying social technology to business process lifecycle management. In The 4th workshop on business process management and social software. Google Scholar
- 8.Nonaka, I., & Takeuchi, H. (1995). The knowledge-creating company: How Japanese companies create the dynamics of innovation. New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- 10.Franz, P., & Kirchmer, M. (2012). Social BPM. Engaging people in value-driven BPM. http://www.accenture.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/PDF/Accenture-Social-BPM-Engaging-People-in-Value-driven-BPM.pdf. Retrieved on November 27, 2012.
- 11.Becker, J., Kugeler, M., & Rosemann, M. (2001). Business process lifecycle management. White paper.Google Scholar
- 12.O’Reilly, T., & Musser, J. (2006). Web 2.0 principles and best practices. O’Reilly Radar.Google Scholar
- 13.Brambilla, M. (2012). Combining social web and BPM for improving enterprise performances: The BPM4People approach to Social BPM. In Proceeds of the world wide web conference (pp. 223–226).Google Scholar
- 15.Bider, I. (2010). In search of the holy grail: Integrating social software with BPM. Experience report. In BPMSD 2010 proceedings. Google Scholar
- 16.Murphy, N., & Whelan, S. (2012). Social media and business processes management (BPM) enable customer-centricity. http://www.wipro.com/Documents/Social%20MediaBPM-Whitepaper.pdf. Retrieved on October 04, 2012.
- 17.40 Facts About Social Networks. (2012). http://www.adme.ru/research/40-faktov-o-socialnyh-setyah-433005/. Retrieved on October 28, 2012.
- 18.Olding, E., & Rozewll, J. (2010). Social BPM: Design by doing. Gartner.Google Scholar
- 19.Krishnamurthy, S. (2012). Social process design, execution and intelligence for a better customer experience. http://www.infosys.com/BPM-EAI/resource-center/Documents/social-design-execution-intelligence.pdf. Retrieved on October 10, 2012.
- 20.Heider, F. (1996). The psychology of interpersonal relations. Chichester: Wiley.Google Scholar
- 21.Ward-Dutton, N. (2010). Vendor insight. IBM breaks new ground with Blueworks live. Premium Advisory Report MWD Advisors.Google Scholar
- 22.Taratoukhin, V. (2012). How ICT influence on BPM in small and medium-sized enterprises of emerging markets. Business-Informatics Journal, 3. Google Scholar
- 23.Comindware - Free Intranet System for Task Management. (2012). http://www.intranetno.ru/tags/COMINDWARE/. Retrieved on October 12, 2012.
- 24.Alvex - Russian software on the basis of Alfresco. (2012). http://www.intranetno.ru/tags/ALVEX/. Retrieved on October 12, 2012.
- 25.“IT” Company and HSE Center of Technologies of Information Management Have Developed the Freelancing-Search System. (2012). http://www.ural.it.ru/press_center/news/AyTi_i_NIU_VSHE_razrabotali_korporativnuu_sistemu_poiska_ekspertov_. Retrieved on October 05, 2012.
- 26.Growth of the Russian Social Networks Users. (2012). http://cossa.ru/news/247/25616/. Retrieved on October 14, 2012.