Development of a Virtual Testing Platform Within an Instructor Operation Station
Instructor Operation Station (IOS) is a term usually used in the flight simulators consist in a computer based structure that enables the manual or automatic scenarios generation. The mechatronic system control, the instructor supervision and intervention, together with the instructor assistant in operating, monitoring and evaluation Pîslă et al. (Proceedings in manufacturing systems, (2010) ) are the main structural modules. In the initial elaboration stage was starting from the large structure of the International Space Station (ISS) and the docking process of the Dragon fright transporter. The aim of the paper is to present the development of a virtual testing platform (VTP), using a parallel kinematic structure for the propulsion simulation, considering the multibody dynamic (MBD) elements in the detecting the errors and the faults docking maneuver.
KeywordsInstructor operation station Virtual testing platform Docking maneuver
This work was supported by the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research grant, Program for research-Space Technology and Advanced Research—STAR, project number 95, the Scopes International Grant IZ74Z0-137361/1, Creative Alliance in Research and Education focused on Medical and Service Robotics-CARE-Robotics and the project “Inter-University Partnership for Excellence in Engineering-PARTING-project coordinated by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca” contract no. POSDRU/159/1.5/S/137516, project cofounded by the European Social Fund through the Sectorial Operational Program Human Resources 2007–2013.
- 1.Ankersen F Guidance, navigation, control and relative dynamics for spacecraft proximity maneuvers, PhD Thesis. Aalborg University, DenmarkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Campean E, Pisla A, Pap S (2012) Characteristics of neural network solutions within the parallel kinematic systems control, p 309. QIEM Cluj-Napoca. ISSN 1582-2559Google Scholar
- 3.Deltalab. http://www.deltalab.fr/
- 6.ESA-S Corvaja ESA and CSA astronauts participate in simulation training at JAXA’s Tsukuba Space Center, astronaut André Kuipers blogGoogle Scholar
- 8.NASA Canadarm 2 and the Mobile Servicing System. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Servicing_System
- 9.NASA ESA Frank De Winne and Nicole Stott at Canadarm 2 workstation for unberthing of HTVGoogle Scholar
- 10.NASA mision. www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/structure
- 11.Pîslă A, Irimias T, Muntean R (2010) Elements for modelling change management. In: Proceedings in manufacturing systems, vol 5, no 3, 2010, pp 163–166. ICMAS 2010. 19th international conference on manufacturing systems. University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, RomaniaGoogle Scholar
- 12.Pîslă A, Itul T, Pîslă D, Szilaghyi A (2012) Consideration upon influence of manufacturing and assembly errors on the kinematic and dynamic behaviour in a flight simulator Stewart-Gough platform. Mechanisms, transmissions and applications, in mechanisms and machine science, vol 3, pp 215–224. Springer Science + Business Media, 2012Google Scholar
- 14.Siemens NX, RecurDYN (2014). http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/
- 15.Siemens PLM Teamcenter. http://www.ayokasystems.com/enterprise-systems-solutions/teamcenter-siemens-plm-software/