Assessment of the Brain Coverage Ratio in the Postoperative Craniosynostosis Based on 3D CT Scans
This paper considers the problem of numerical quantification of the postoperative craniosynostosis. In particular, the method for assessment of the brain coverage ratio based on 3D CT brain scans is proposed. The method determines the percentage of brain surface which is not covered by skull and is intended to measure the rate of skull regeneration after the cranial vault remodelling. Results of applying the method to the postoperative cases of the craniosynostosis are presented and discussed.
KeywordsCraniosynostosis Brain segmentation Brain coverage ratio
- 1.David, D.J., Poswillo, D., Simpson, D.: The Craniosynostoses: Causes, Natural History, and Management. Springer, Berlin (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Gonzalez, E.R., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Gonzalez, E.R., Woods, R.E., Eddins, S.L.: Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Hayward, R., Jones, B., Dunaway, D.: Clinical Management of Craniosynostosis. Mac Keith Press, London (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Malina, W., Smiatacz, M.: Metody cyfrowego przetwarzania obrazow. Akademicka Oficyna Wydawnicza EXIT, Warszawa (in Polish) (2005)Google Scholar