Real Time CO2 Monitoring and Alert System Based on Wireless Sensor Networks
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is an inevitable part in atmosphere for the existence of life on the Earth. But if increased beyond a certain limit it is harmful as it is the major cause for global warming. The only effective way to fight this is to store CO2 away from the atmosphere for a long time. This is achieved by using Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage (CCS). But one major concern that arises when CO2 is stored in large quantities is it’s leakage from reservoir. An online CO2 emission monitoring and alert system is developed in order to monitor the leakage of CO2 in real time in CCS, try to reduce the leakage up to a controllable level and to give alert to the consent person, if the CO2 leakage goes beyond an uncontrollable limit. The data is stored in real time for further analysis. Advantages of wireless sensor networks are exploited in order to precisely sense the CO2 concentration.
KeywordsWireless sensor networks (WSN) CO2 emission Online monitoring Global system for mobile communication (GSM)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Jung, Y.J., Lee, Y.K., Lee, D.G., Ryu, K.H., Nittel, S.: Air pollution monitoring system based on geosensor network. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 3, 1370–1373 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Radu, T., Fay, C., Lau, K.T., Rhys, W., Diamond, D.: Wearable sensing application- carbon dioxide monitoring for emergency personnel using wearable sensors. In: ICESE (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Asmara, W.A.H.W.M.: SMS flood alert system. In: IEEE Control and System Graduate Research Colloquium (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.May, Z.B.: Real-time alert system for home surveillance. In: IEEE International Conference on Control System, Computing and Engineering, pp. 501–505, November 2012Google Scholar
- 9.Malki, H.A., Li, H., Chen, G.: New design and stability analysis of fuzzy proportional-derivative control systems. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems 2 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Mills, B., Heidel, K., Chung, C.-F.: Alternative earth-based and space-based techniques for mitigating global climate change: what can we learn by examining them? In: IEEE EIC Climate Change Technology, pp. 1–10 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Yordanova, S., Merazchiev, D., Mladenov, V.: Fuzzy control of carbon dioxide concentration in premises. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Systems, Rhode (2013)Google Scholar