An Optimization to Routing Approach Under WBAN Architectural Constraints
WBAN is having its significance in various application areas but the most critical dedicated application is to monitor the medical patient. WBAN is a specialized network with data level, node level criticalities. In this work, an optimization to the routing approach under architectural constraints is defined. The work has analyzed various node level, data level and communication level criticalities. The paper has defined a route optimization algorithm under these critical vectors. The work is here analyzed in terms of network life and energy consumption over the network. The experimentation is provided with real time constraints and the obtained results shows that the presented work has improved the network life.
KeywordsWBAN Architecture Real time Medical patient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wai, A.A.P., Ge, Y., et al.: Reliability enhancement and performance visualization system for wireless body area network. In: Proceedings of PERCOM Workshops, Lugano, pp. 498–500 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Khan, Z, Sivakumar, S, Phillips, W, Robertson, B.: QPRD: QoS-aware peering routing protocol for delay sensitive data in hospital body area network communication. In: Proceedings of 7th International IEEE Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications (BWCCA), Victoria, BC, Canada, pp. 178–185 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Elias, J., Mehaoua, A.: Energy-aware Topology Design for Wireless Body Area Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2012 - Selected Areas in Communications Symposium, Ottawa, ON, pp. 3409–3410 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Oey, C.H.W., Salim, S, Moh, S.: Energy-aware routing protocols in wireless body area networks. In: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Computing and Network Technology (ICCNT-2012), Geuongju, pp. 159–162 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Javaid, N., et al.: Measuring fatigue of soldiers in wireless body area sensor networks. In: Proceedings of Eighth International Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing Communication and Applications, pp. 227–231 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Ishtaique ul Huque, M.T., et al.: EAR-BAN: energy efficient adaptive routing in wireless body area networks. In: Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS), Carrara, VIC, pp. 1–10 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Quwaider, M., Biswas, S.: Physical Context Detection using Wearable Wireless Sensor Networks. Journal of Communications Software and Systems. Special Issue on Medical Applications for Wireless Sensor Networks 4, 191–201 (2008)Google Scholar