An Empirical Study of OSER Evaluation with SNR for Two-Way Relaying Scheme
The two-way relaying scheme is a network coding scheme which provides efficient utilization of spectrum. The performance of a two-way relaying scheme based on analog network coding (ANC) can be evaluated in context of many parameters such as overall symbol error rate (OSER), overall outage probability (OOP) and ergodic sum rate (ESR). In this paper we analyse the OSER over Nakagami-m fading channels for analog network coding scheme. The variation of OSER with respect to signal to noise ratio (SNR) has been observed for various factors such as fading parameter, modulation scheme used and number of antennas at the source and destination terminal. The threshold range of SNR for a tolerable value of OSER of 0.001 is computed as 20 to 25 dB. The results demonstrate the necessity of high SNR in two way relaying scheme for tolerable OSER. Further the analysis may be useful for selection of various physical layer parameters in design of communication networks.
KeywordsTwo-way relaying Analog network coding (ANC) Overall symbol error rate (OSER) Threshold range and signal to noise ratio (SNR)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fu, Y.: Single relay selection schemes in two-way relaying networks. In: Asia Pacific Conference on Postgraduate Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PrimeAsia), September 2010, pp. 304–307Google Scholar
- 2.Maric, A.G., Medard, M.: Analog Network Coding in the High-SNR Regime. IEEE Wireless Network Coding Conference (WiNC) 1–6 (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Routi, R.R., Ghosh, S.K., Chakrabarti, S.: A network coding based probabilistic routing scheme for wireless sensor network. In: Sixth International Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks (WCSN), December 2010, pp. 1–6Google Scholar
- 5.Han, Y., Ting, S.H., Ho, C.K., Chin, W.H.: High rate two-way amplify-and-forward half-duplex relaying with OSTBC. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, May 2008, pp. 2426–2430Google Scholar
- 8.Managayarkarasi, P., Jayanthi, E., Jayashri, S.: Analysis of Digital Network Coding in Dual Hop Networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP), April 2013, pp. 1078–1081Google Scholar
- 10.Katti, S., Gollakota, S., Katabi, D.: Embracing wireless interference: analog network coding. In: Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, August 2007, pp. 397–408Google Scholar
- 12.Ferdinand, N.S., Rajatheva, N., Latva-aho, M.: Performance analysis of two-way relay system with antenna correlation. In: Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, December 2011, pp. 1–5Google Scholar