Requirement of New Media Features for Enhancing Online Shopping Experience of Smartphone Users
Now-a-days consumers are using different social media (e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp etc.) to share the product quality information to take feedback about the product from their friends, family members, colleagues etc. The aim of this study was to found out the feasibility of implementation of different media features in e-retailing platform for taking feedback about the product to enhance the consumers’ experience of online purchase. With this intention, user survey was conducted using a standardized questionnaire which includes items about the users’ demographic information, likeliness to share product information for getting online feedback, probable acceptance of future online purchase system having new media features, willingness to use proposed online purchase system with new media features, priority to use specific media features for sharing product choice information through online. Results of the present study suggest that users would like to share product quality information with others through the proposed system which has product comparison screen share, personalized reviews and share and voice chat options in e-commerce app/ website. Therefore, these preferred media features may be integrated to create a better user experience in online purchase platform which in turn helps in quick product decisions during online purchase.
KeywordsE-commerce E-retailing Decision making Multi-media Product choice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Almeida, F., Santos, J.D., Monteiro, J.A.: E-commerce business models in the context of web3.0 paradigm. Int. J. Adv. Info. Tech. 3(6), 6102 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Diaz, E.: Factors that influence Impulsive Buying on Social Networking Sites Platforms: The Case of Facebook for Social E-commerce. Dissertation, International Management Institute, Success University (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Hajli, M.N.: Social Commerce for Innovation. Int. J. Innovation Mgt. (2014). doi: 10.1142/S1363919614500248
- 16.Kobsa, A.: Privacy-enhanced web personalization. In: Brusilovsky, P., Kobsa, A., Nejdl, W. (eds.) The adaptive web. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Nah, F.F.H., Davis, S.: HCI Research issues in Electronic Commerce. J. Electronic Commerce Research 3(3), 98 (2002)Google Scholar
- 21.Ravasan, A.Z., Rouhani, S., Asgary, S.: A Review for the Online Social Networks Literature (2005-2011). European J. Business and Management 6(4), 22–37 (2014)Google Scholar
- 22.Reynolds, J., Sundström, M.: Digitalisation, retail transformation and change: what will European consumers want from their future shopping centre experience? In: Proc: The 4th Nordic Retail and Wholesale Conference Hosted by Center for Retailing, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden, 5–6, 2014. http://hdl.handle.net/2320/14372