An Efficient Solution for Time-Bound Hierarchical Key Assignment Scheme
Time-bound hierarchical key assignment (TBHKA) scheme is a cryptographic method. It can assign encryption keys depending on time to a set of security classes in a partially ordered hierarchy. Only the authorized user can compute the encryption key to access the subscribing class (including lower down class) according to the hierarchy. In 2005, Yeh firstly proposed a RSA-based TBHKA scheme supporting discrete time period. However, it had been proved insecure against user colluding attacks. Up to now, there are less study for TBHKA scheme supporting discrete time period. In this paper, we propose a secure and efficient TBHKA scheme. Our scheme is based on pairing-based public key cryptosystem and supports discrete time period. The security analysis is demonstrated that our scheme is secure against outside adversary and malicious user. Finally, we make comparisons between recently proposed two TBHKA schemes and our scheme. It will show the advantages of our scheme.
KeywordsHierarchical key assignment Time-bound Bilinear pairing Security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ateniese, G., De Santis, A., Ferrara, A.L., Masucci, B.: Provably-secure time-bound hierarchical key assignment schemes. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications security, pp. 288–297. ACM (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Blanton, M., Fazio, N., Frikken, K.B.: Dynamic and efficient key management for access hierarchies. In: Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, C.M., Wu, T.Y., He, B.Z., Sun, H.M.: An efficient time-bound hierarchical key management scheme without tamper-resistant devices. In: 2012 International Conference on Computing, Measurement, Control and Sensor Network (CMCSN), pp. 285–288. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Cheng, Z.: Implementing pairing-based cryptosystems in usb tokens. IACR Cryptology ePrint Achieve 2014(71) (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.He, B.Z., Chen, C.M., Wu, T.Y., Sun, H.M.: An efficient solution for hierarchical access control problem in cloud environment. Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2014, Article ID 569397, p. 8 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Wu, T.-Y., Zhou, C., Wang, E.K., Pan, J.-S., Chen, C.-M.: Towards time-bound hierarchical key management in cloud computing. In: Pan, J.-S., Snasel, V., Corchado, E.S., Abraham, A., Wang, S.-L. (eds.) Intelligent Data Analysis and Its Applications, Volume I. AISC, vol. 297, pp. 31–38. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) CrossRefGoogle Scholar