Improving the Searching Capacity of Evolved Bat Algorithm by the Periodic Signal
In this paper, the evolved bat algorithm is improved by replacing the fixed value, which is determined by the media, with the periodic signal. The familiar periodic signal exists in the natural environment is the sine/cosine signal. We take the cosine signal in our design of improving the searching capacity of the evolved bat algorithm. Three test functions, of which the global optimum values are known, are used in the experiments. The experimental results indicate that our proposed strategy improves the searching accuracy of the evolved bat algorithm about 45.722% in average.
KeywordsEvolved bat algorithm Swarm intelligence Periodic signal Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chu, S.-C., Tsai, P.-W.: Computational Intelligence Based on the Behavior of Cats. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 3(1), 163–173 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, F., Ding, M., Zhang, X., Hou, W., Zhong, C.: Non-rigid multi-modal medical image registration by combining L-BFGS-B with cat swarm optimization. Information Sciences, in press (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Tsai, P.-W., Pan, J.-S., Liao, B.-Y., Tsai, M.-J., Vaci, I.: Bat Algorithm Inspired Algorithm for Solving Numerical Optimization Problems. Applied Mechanics and Materials 148–149, 134–137 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Ngo, N.M., Unoki, M., Miyauchi, R., Suzuki, Y.: Data Hiding Scheme for Amplitude Modulation Radio Broadcasting Systems. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 5(3), 324–341 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Li, P., Kong, Q., Ma, Y.: Image Secret Sharing and Hiding with Authentication Based on PSNR Estimation. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 5(3), 353–366 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Marin, J., Shih, F.Y.: Reversible Data Hiding Techniques Using Multiple Scanning Difference Value Histogram Modification. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 5(3), 451–460 (2014)Google Scholar