Partial Image Scrambling Using Walsh Sequency in Sinusoidal Wavelet Transform Domain
Information security is a major concern. Several methods are proposed for securing digital images by either encrypting or scrambling them. As digital images are huge in size, scrambling the entire image would be a time consuming process. To overcome this constraint, partial image scrambling method has been proposed in this paper. The proposed method has been rigorously tested so as to find out which components in the wavelet domain can be removed from scrambling process at the cost of quality in descrambled images. A number of experimental parameters have been used for analysis and it has been observed that DCT and Hartley wavelet transforms are the best performers.
KeywordsPartial image encryption Wavelet Kekre’s walsh sequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fengxia, Y.: DCT Domain Color Image Block Encryption Algorithm Based on Three-Dimension Arnold Mappin. In: Fifth International Conference on Computational and Information Sciences (ICCIS), pp. 682–685. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Jing-yu, P.E.N.G.: Efficient Color Image Encryption and Decryption Algorithm. International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applications 7(6) (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Kaur, T., Sharma, R.: Image Cryptography by TJ-SCA: Supplementary Cryptographic Algorithm for Color Images. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER) 4 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Lima, J.B., Lima, E.A.O., Madeiro, F.: Image encryption based on the finite field cosine transform. Signal Processing: Image Communication 28(10), 1537–1547 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Bao, L., Zhou, Y., Chen, C.L.P.: Image encryption in the wavelet domain. In: SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing, pp. 875502–875502. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Nichat, S.P., Sikchi, S.S.: Image Encryption using Hybrid Genetic Algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 3(1) (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Abraham, L., Daniel, N.: Secure image encryption algorithms: A review. Entropy 100 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Sun, Y., Chen, L., Xu, R., Kong, R.: An Image Encryption Algorithm Utilizing Julia Sets and Hilbert Curves. PloS one 9(1) (2014)Google Scholar
- 24.Kekre, H.B., Sarode, T., Halarnkar, P.N.: Symmetric Key image Encryption using continuous distributions with MOD operator. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 6(6), 316–330 (2014)Google Scholar
- 25.Kekre, H.B., Mishra, D.: Performance Comparison of Density Distribution and Sector mean of sal and cal functions in Walsh Transform Sectors as Feature Vectors for Image Retrieval. International Journal Of Image Processing (IJIP) 4(3), 205–217 (2010)Google Scholar