Throughput Analysis of Multichannel Cognitive Radio Networks Based on Stochastic Geometry
In this paper, we consider an underlay type cognitive radio network with multiple secondary users who contend to access multiple heterogeneous primary channels. With the help of stochastic geometry we develop a new analytical model to analyze the throughput of a random channel access protocol where each secondary user determines whether to access a primary channel based on a given access probability. Due to the interference-free region that we newly introduce we can easily analyze the throughput of a random channel access protocol. Numerical examples are provided to validate our analysis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Stoyan, D., Kendall, W., Mecke, J.: Stochastic Geometry and Its Applications, 2nd edn. John Wiley and Sons (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Haenggi, M., Andrews, J.G., Baccelli, F., Dousse, O., Franceschetti, M.: Stochastic Geometry and Random Graphs for the Analysis and Design of Wireless Networks. IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun. 27(7), September 2009Google Scholar
- 4.Yin, C., Chen, C., Liu, T., Cui, S.: Generalized results of transmission capacities for overlaid wireless networks. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory, Seoul, Korea, pp. 1774–1778, June 2009Google Scholar
- 7.Nguyen, T.V., Baccelli, F.: A probabilistic model of carrier sensing based cognitive radio. In: 2010 IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum, pp. 1–12, April 2010Google Scholar
- 9.Song, X., Yin, C., Liu, D., Zhang, R.: Spatial opportunity in cognitive radio networks with threshold-based opportunistic spectrum access. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 2695–2700, June 2013Google Scholar