Chat-Like Conversational System Based on Selection of Reply Generating Module with Reinforcement Learning
This paper presents a chat-like conversational system, and that generates a reply by selecting an appropriate reply generating module. Such modules consist in selecting a sentence from an article of Web news, retrieving a definition sentence in Wikipedia, question-answering, and so on. A dialogue strategy corresponds to which reply generating module should be chosen according to a user input and the dialogue history, and is learned in the MDP framework. User evaluations showed that our system could learn an appropriate dialogue strategy, and perform natural dialogues.
- 1.Bellman R (1957) A markov decision process. J Math Mech 6(679–684):2Google Scholar
- 2.Kaelbling L, Littman M, Cassandra A (1998) Planning and acting in partially observable stochastic domains. Artif Intell 101(1–2):99–134Google Scholar
- 3.Levin E, Pieraccini R, Eckert W (1998) Using markov decision process for learning dialogue strategies. In: Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech and signal processing. IEEE, pp 201–204Google Scholar
- 4.Meguro T, Higashinaka R, Minami Y, Dohsaka K (2010) Controlling listening-oriented dialogue using partially observable markov decision processes. In: Proceedings of the 23rd international conference on computational linguistics, pp 761–769Google Scholar
- 5.Nakano M, Funakoshi K, Hasegawa Y, Tsujino H (2008) A framework for building conversational agents based on a multi-expert model. In: Proceedings of the 9th SIGdial workshop on discourse and dialogue, pp 88–91Google Scholar
- 7.Yoshino K, Mori S, Kawahara T (2011) Spoken dialogue system based on information extraction using similarity of predicate argument structures. In: Proceedings of the SIGDIAL 2011 Conference, pp 59–66Google Scholar