Improving Reliability and Availability of IaaS Services in Hybrid Clouds
This paper investigates into IaaS service provisioning in hybrid cloud which comprises private and public clouds. It proposes a hybrid cloud framework in order to improve reliability and availability of IaaS services by taking into account alternative services which are available through public clouds. However, provisioning of alternative services in hybrid cloud involves complex processing, intelligent decision making and reliability and consistency issues. In the proposed framework, we develop an agent-based system using cloud ontology in order to identify and rank alternative cloud services which users can acquire in the event of failures or unavailability of desired services. The proposed framework also exploits transactional techniques in order to ensure the reliability and consistency of the service acquisition process. The proposed framework is evaluated through various experiments which show that it improves service availability and reliability in hybrid cloud.
KeywordsComponent Hybrid cloud IaaS Availability Reliability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Uchibayashi, T., Apduhan, B.O., Shiratori, N.: An ontology update mechanism in iaas service discovery system. Int. Journal of Web Information Systems 9(4), 330−343 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, S., Seo, K-K.: A Multi-Criteria Decision-making Model for an IaaS Provider Selection Problem. Int. Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology 5(12) (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Androcec, D., Vrcek, N., Seva, J.: Cloud Computing ontologies: a systematic overview. In: Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Models and Ontology-based Design of Protocols, Architectures and Services, pp. 9−14 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Kossmann, D., Kraska, T., Loesing, S.: An Evaluation of alternative architectures for transaction processing in the Cloud. In: Proc. of SIGMOD, pp. 579−590 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Levandoski, J.J., Lomet, D.B., Mokbel, M.F., Zhao, K.: Deuteronomy: transaction support for cloud data. In: 5th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, January 9-12, Asilomar, California, USA, pp. 123–133 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Padhye, V., Tripathi, A.: Scalable transaction management with snapshot isolation on cloud data management systems. In: Proc. of IEEE 5th Intl. Conference on Cloud Computing, pp. 542−549 (2012)Google Scholar