An Efficient Hybrid Usage-Based Ranking Algorithm for Arabic Search Engines
There are billions of web pages available on the Internet. Search Engines always have a challenge to find the best ranked list to the user’s query from those huge numbers of pages. A lot of search results that correspond to a user’s query are not relevant to the user’s needs. Most of the page ranking algorithms use Link-based ranking (web structure) or Content-based ranking to calculate the relevancy of the information to the user’s need, but those ranking algorithms might be not enough to provide a good ranked list for the Arabic search. So, in this paper we proposed an efficient Arabic information retrieval system using a new hybrid usage-based ranking algorithm called EHURA. The objective of this algorithm is to overcome the drawbacks of the ranking algorithms and improve the efficiency of web searching. EHURA was applied to 242 Arabic Corpus to measure its performance. The result shows our proposed EHURA algorithm improves the precision over the Content-Based ranking algorithm representation, as well as the recall is affected too in this improvement.
KeywordsInformation retrieval (IR) Tokenization Usage-based ranking Content-based ranking Link-based ranking Pagerank Weighted pagerank Implicit judgment and explicit judgment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Internet World Stats: Usage and Population Statistics (2015). http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
- 2.Dilekh, T., Behloul, A.: Implementation of New Hybrid Method for Stemming of Arabic Text. International Journal of Computer Applications 46(8), 14–19 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Dilekh T., Behloul A.: Implementation of a New Hybrid Method for Stemming of Arabic Text. International Journal of Computer Applications 46(8) (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Rodríguez-Mulà, G., Garcia-Molina, H., Paepcke, A.: Collaborative Value Filtering on the Web. Computer Networks 30(8), 736–738 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Kritikopoulos A., Sideri M., Varlamis I.: Success index: measuring the efficiency of search engines using implicit user feedback. In: Proceedings of the 11th Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics. Special Session on Web Search and Mining (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Mukherjee I., Bhattacharya V., Banerjee S., Gupta P., Mahanti, P.: Efficient Web Information Retrieval based on Usage Mining. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Tuteja, S.: Enhancement in Weighted PageRank Algorithm Using VOL. Journal of Computer Engineering 14(5), 135–141 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Arafat, S., Saad, S.: An Affix removal stemming algorithm for Arabic Language. International Journal of Inelligent Computing and Information Science 8(2), 141–153 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Hajeer S.: Comparison on the Effectiveness of Different Statistical Similarity Measures. International Journal of Computer Applications 53(8) (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Hajeer, S.: Vector Space Model: Comparison between Euclidean Distance & Cosine Measure On Arabic Documents. International Journal Engineering Research and Applications 2(4), 2085–2090 (2012)Google Scholar