Construction of 3-Dimensional Virtual Environment Based on Photographed Image (the Acquisition and Processing of the Photographed Image)
In this study, we propose to construction of 3-dimensional virtual environment in the bay. To support construction of structure on the route of ship and a large ship’s position for arrival at the pier, it is suitable for utilizing real images. When we construct places to put ships, for example container yards, we need to think an influence toward a route of ships and surrounding environments. There are many things we cannot understand only by design drawings. Therefore, we need to watch real environments to understand the present situation more clearly. A captain probably hopes to simulate on basis of real images before arriving in a port. Then, we consider a method of virtual environmental construction.
KeywordsVirtual environment Image-Based rendering Tour into the picture Panoramic image
- 1.Devebec, P.E., Taylor, C.A., Malik, J.: Modeling and rendering architecture from photographs: a hybrid geometry- and image- based approach. In: Proceedings SIGGRAPH 1996, In Computer Graphics Proceedings. ACM SIGGRAPH, Annual Conference Series, New Orleans, Louisiana, pp. 11–20, August 4–9, 1996Google Scholar
- 2.Horry, Y., Anjyo, Y., Arai, K.: Tour into the picture:using spidery mesh interface to make animation from a single image. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 1997, pp. 225–232 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Kang, W.H., Pyo, H.S., Anjyo, K., Shin, Y.S.: Tour into the picture using a vanishing line and its extension to panoramic images. In: Proceedings Eurographics, pp. 132–141 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Wexler, Y., Shechtman, E., Irani, M.: Space-Time video completion. In: Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 2004, vol. 1, pp. I-120–I-127 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Point Cloud Library. http://pointclouds.org/