- 409 Downloads
In this chapter further developments of the conditioning and projection matrix method are presented. In the following section, the discussion of the metapopulation Moran model is completed by adding mutation. Following this, a more detailed comparison of the two reduction methods is conducted. Finally, in the third section, the projection matrix method is applied to a new system, the Lotka-Volterra competition model of two interacting populations.
KeywordsMaster Equation Projection Matrix Centre Manifold Diffusion Matrix Drift Term
- 1.R. Halliburton, Introduction to Population Gentetics (Pearson Press, New Jersey, 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.C.C. Li, Population Genetics (The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1955)Google Scholar
- 8.M.A. Nowak, Evolutionary Dynamics: Exploring the Equations of Life (Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.E.C. Pielou, Mathematical Ecology (Wiley, New York, 1977)Google Scholar
- 13.J. Roughgarden, Theory of Population Genetics and Evolutionary Ecology: An Introduction (Macmillan, New York, 1979)Google Scholar