Process Analysis of Expert and Non-expert Engineers in Quartz Glass Joint Process
Quartz glass is a special glass material known as “King of Glass”. The silicon purity of the quartz glass is very high, therefore it is excellent in heat resistance, chemical resistance and optical transparency as compared to other glasses, such as borosilicate glass. In this study, the differences in the working process between engineers with different years of experience during the “joint-process” of quartz glass material were analyzed. “Joint-process” is one of “fire-process” and is of heating and jointing glass cylinders during rotating using a dedicated glass lathe machine. It is found that these differences in the process of heating joint of glass cylinder have effects on the accuracy of finial production and the manufacturing efficiency.
KeywordsErgonomics and sustainability Quartz glass Process analysis Fire process Mechanical property evaluation
- 1.Cibiel, G.: “Ultra stable oscillators dedicated for space applications: oscillator and quartz material behaviors vs. radiation”. In: 2006 IEEE, International Frequency Control Symposium and Exposition. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Rongkai, H.: “Research on the forming technique and surface treatment process of quartz glass bulbs for arc tubes”. In: 2011 Second International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering (MACE). IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Cobbold, G.W.N., Underdown, A.E.: Some practical applications of quartz resonators. Inst. Electr. Eng. Proc. Wirel. Sect. Inst. 3(9), 151–162 (1928)Google Scholar
- 4.Kaplan, W., Elderstig, H., Veider, C.: A novel fabrication method of capillary tubes on quartz for chemical analysis applications. In: Proceedings, IEEE Workshop on. Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, 1994, MEMS 1994. IEEE (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Booth, C.F.: The application and use of quartz crystals in telecommunications. J. Inst. Electr. Eng. Part III: Commun. Eng. 88(2), 97–128 (1941)Google Scholar