Part of the Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences book series (QMHSS)
In this chapter, methods for loading, manipulating, and saving image files in R are presented. Dimension reduction and clustering analysis are developed in order to visually represent a corpus of images in standard scatter plots.
KeywordsScatter Plot Color Channel Outdoor Photograph Jpeg Image Community Detection Algorithm
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Elke Achtert, Hans-Peter Kriegel, and Arthur Zimek. Elki: a software system for evaluation of subspace clustering algorithms. In Scientific and Statistical Database Management, pages 580–585. Springer, 2008.Google Scholar
- C. Agostinelli and U. Lund. R package circular: Circular Statistics (version 0.4-7). CA: Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics, Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy. UL: Department of Statistics, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California, USA, 2013. URL https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/circular/.
- Gary Bradski and Adrian Kaehler. Learning OpenCV: Computer vision with the OpenCV library. “ O’Reilly Media, Inc.”, 2008.Google Scholar
- Robert M Haralick, Karthikeyan Shanmugam, and Its’ Hak Dinstein. Textural features for image classification. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on, (6): 610–621, 1973.Google Scholar
- Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, Jerome Friedman, T Hastie, J Friedman, and R Tibshirani. The elements of statistical learning, volume 2. Springer, 2009.Google Scholar
- Tony Lindeberg. Scale invariant feature transform. Scholarpedia, 7(5):10491, 2012.Google Scholar
- Nikhil R Pal and Sankar K Pal. A review on image segmentation techniques. Pattern recognition, 26(9):1277–1294, 1993.Google Scholar
- Alvy Ray Smith. Color gamut transform pairs. In ACM Siggraph Computer Graphics, volume 12, pages 12–19. ACM, 1978.Google Scholar
- Simon Urbanek. png: Read and write PNG images, 2013. URL http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=png. R package version 0.1-7.
- Simon Urbanek. tiff: Read and write TIFF images, 2013. URL http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=tiff. R package version 0.1-5.
- Simon Urbanek. jpeg: Read and write JPEG images, 2014. URL http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=jpeg. R package version 0.1-8.
- Alex Zvoleff. glcm: Calculate textures from grey-level co-occurrence matrices (GLCMs) in R, 2015. URL http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=glcm. R package version 1.2.
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015