Emergent Gravity and the Cosmological Constant
Several recent results suggest that gravity is an emergent phenomenon with its field equations having the same status as the equations of fluid dynamics or elasticity. Interestingly, these investigations have provided fresh insights into several aspects of classical gravitational dynamics itself, including the problem of cosmological constant.
KeywordsAction Principle Gravitational Field Equation Null Surface Diffeomorphism Invariance Gravitational Dynamic
I thank the organizers of KSM-1 for their excellent hospitality. My work is partially supported by J.C. Bose fellowship of DST, India.
- 1.K. Parattu, B. Ranjan Majhi, T. Padmanabhan. Phys. Rev. D 87, 124011 (2013). arXiv:1303.1535
- 2.T. Padmanabhan, Rep. Prog. Phys. 73, 046901 (2010). arXiv:0911.5004
- 3.T. Padmanabhan, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 306, 012001 (2011). arXiv:1012.4476 and references therein
- 4.T. Padmanabhan (2014) papers in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 5.T. Padmanabhan, Class. Quan. Grav. 21, 4485 (2004). arXiv:gr-qc/0308070
- 6.T. Padmanabhan, Mod. Phys. Letts. A 25, 1129–1136 (2010). arXiv:0912.3165
- 7.T. Padmanabhan, Phys. Rev. D 81, 124040 (2010). arXiv:1003.5665
- 8.T. Padmanabhan, Res. Astro. Astrophys. 12, 891 (2012). arXiv:1207.0505
- 9.T. Padmanabhan, A. Paranjape, Phys. Rev. D 75, 064004, (2007). arXiv:gr-qc/0701003
- 10.H. Padmanabhan, T. Padmanabhan, Int. J. Mod. Phys. D 22, 1342001 (2013). arXiv:1302.3226
- 11.T. Padmanabhan, arXiv:1210.4174