Cybersecurity for Smart Phones, Mobile Apps, and “The Cloud”
- 1.1k Downloads
Two of the most rapidly growing digital applications are the use of smart phones and use of “The Cloud.” Many feel that both of these digital innovations are quite safe and can be used with confidence in terms of security. Unfortunately this is not the case. Some of the most rapidly growing applications are tap and go or swipe and go instant billing systems such as the very popular Apple Pay. Even here there are concerns that should be considered. This chapter thus addresses cybersecurity issues related to the smart phone and its uses and the exponential growth in the use of The Cloud.
KeywordsCloud Service Credit Card Smart Phone Cloud Provider Cloud Storage
- 1.Avast Global Hacking Experiment Shows How Exposed Wi-Fi Users are https://blog.avast.com/2015/03/02/avast-study-exposes-global-wi-fi-browsingactivity/?p_pro=1&p_vep=10&p_elm=55.
- 2.Katherine Muniz, “Banking Apps on Android Phones Are Vulnerable to Risk” February 16, 2014. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/16/banking-apps-on-android-phones-are-vulnerable-to-r.aspx.
- 3.Ibid. Google Scholar
- 4.Sid Kirchheimer Scam-Proof Your Life: 377 Smart Ways to Protect You & Your Family from Ripoffs, Bogus Deals & Other Consumer Headaches (2007) Sterling Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 5.Gerald Morales, “3 Popular Apps That Could Put Your Money At Risk” The Motley Fool, February 9, 2014.Google Scholar
- 6.Hayley Tsukayama and Sarah Halzach, “Fraud raises question: Is Apple Pay Just Too Easy?” Washington Post, March 24, 2015.Google Scholar
- 9.“Top Ten Best on Line Backup,” http://www.thetop10bestonlinebackup.com/cloud-storage.
- 11.Dan Kobialka, “Heartbleed Open SSL Security Flaw Puts Corporate Cloud Data at Risk” Talkin Cloud. Apr 9, 2014. http://talkincloud.com/cloud-computing-security/040914/heartbleed-openssl-security-flaw-puts-corporate-cloud-data-risk
- 12.John Kinsella, Protected Industries, “5 (More) Key Cloud Security Issues” Sep 26, 2012. http://www.csoonline.com/article/2132313/cloud-security/5 – more – key-cloud-security-issues.html.
- 13.Louis Columbus, “Demystifying Cloud Vendors” Forbes, Feb. 20, 2013. http://b-i.forbesimg.com/louiscolumbus/files/2013/03/Summary-Chart.jpg.