Challenges in Android Wear Application Development
The research focus of this paper was to highlight current issues in wearable application development in Android Wear platform. The findings of the experimental research were discovered during the software development of a smart watch application, where the requirements and design were limited with the documented best practices. The results identify three issues, which should be addressed in the Android Wear platform roadmap, to better address the wearable application needs. The issues discussed are better wearable internet connectivity, virtual button support for watch faces, and software configurable language support for voice input. We propose those features to be added to the wearable platform roadmap to better support the global wearable business application ecosystems.
KeywordsAndroid Google Smart watch Voice input Wearable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Morris, I.: Forbes (2014). http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2014/12/30/google-needs-to-fix-android-wear-in-2015-to-fend-off-the-apple-watch/ (accessed February 4, 2015)
- 2.Fedewa, J.: Phandroid (2014). http://phandroid.com/2014/11/06/7-things-i-hate-about-android-wear/ (accessed February 4, 2015)
- 3.Android.com. https://developer.android.com/training/building-wearables.html (accessed February 4, 2015)
- 4.Stack Overflow. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android-wear (accessed February 4, 2015)
- 5.Android Wear Developers. https://plus.google.com/communities/113381227473021565406 (accessed February 4, 2015)