A New Similarity Measure Between Vague Sets
Similarity measure is one of important, effective and widely-used methods in data processing and analysis. Vague set, as a generalized fuzzy set, has more powerful ability to process fuzzy information than fuzzy set. In this paper, we propose a new similarity measure between vague sets. Compared to existing similarity measures, our approach is far more reasonable, practical yet useful in measuring the similarity between vague sets.
KeywordsFuzzy sets Vague sets Similarity measure
The research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 60972115) and the Scientific Research Common Program of Beijing Municipal Commission of Education (Grant No. SQKM201211232016).
- 5.Li, F., Xu, Z.Y.: Similarity measures between vague sets. Chinese J. Software 12(6), 922–927 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Y.H., Chi, Z.X., Yan, D.Q.: Vague similarity and vague entropy. Comput. Sci. 29(12), 129–132 (2002). (Chinese journal)Google Scholar
- 8.Grzegorzewski, P.: Distances Between Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and/or Interval valued Fuzzy Sets Based on the Hausdorff Metric. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 2003Google Scholar
- 13.Li, Y.H., Olson, D.L., Qin, Z.: Similarity measures between intuitionistic fuzzy (vague) sets: A comparative analysis. Pattern Recogn. Lett. 28(2), 278–285 (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Geng, X.L, Chu, X.N., Zhang, Z.F.: Test article sample title placed here. Expert Syst. Appl. 37, 6629–6638 (2010)Google Scholar