Elements of a European Roadmap on Smart Systems for Automated Driving
This chapter is summarizing key aspects of a research and development roadmap on smart systems technologies for automated driving which has been edited and published by the European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration (EPoSS) (European roadmap smart systems for automated driving, available online http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/, 2015, ). Starting from a description of the state-of-play in research and development funding, technology roadmaps have been developed based on surveys and consultations among major European automotive manufacturers and supplier. These roadmaps are organized along milestones for implementation of highly automated driving and provide information about content and timescales of actions in research and innovation (R&I) on technology and in framework conditions.
KeywordsVehicle automation Automated driving Smart systems integration Smart mobility Driver assistance systems European projects Roadmap
The roadmap document has been prepared by a task force consisting of key members of the European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration—EPoSS. Their assessments and continuous support are greatly acknowledged.
- 1.European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration (EPoSS) (2015) European roadmap smart systems for automated driving, [online]. Available: http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/
- 2.European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration (EPoSS) (2013) Strategic research agendaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications, [online]. Available: http://www.amaa.de/
- 4.Meyer G, Deix S (2014) Research and innovation for automated Driving in Germany and Europe, in: Meyer G, Beiker S (eds) Road Vehicle Automation. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- 5.Meyer G, Beiker S (2014) Road Vehicle Automation. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- 6.European Road Transport Research Advisory Council (ERTRAC) (2015) Automated driving roadmap, 3rd draft, [online]. Available: http://www.ertrac.org/
- 7.Multi-Annual Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the ECSEL Joint Undertaking (2015) [online]. Available: http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/public/documents/publications/2015%20ECSEL%20MASRIA.pdf