Integrating Grid Template Patterns and Multiple Committees of Neural Networks in Forex Market
We present a hybrid framework for trading in Forex spot market by integrating two different technologies: price patterns based on an array of grid template methods and multiple committees of neural networks. This integration is applied in four currency pairs (EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/JPY and GBP/USD) using data of a 20 min timeframe. In this research we examine two different fusion approaches for Forex trading: the first one is based on price pattern discovery methods and committees of neural networks as independent entities and works by assigning one entity as basic signal provider and the other as filtering system. The second approach is to take price pattern properties (e.g. forecasting power values) together with technical indicators to feed and train the neural networks. Results show that in both approaches, integration of these independent technologies can improve the trading performance by bringing higher net profits and less risk.
KeywordsForex Market Committee of Neural Networks Template Grid Method Price Pattern Discovery Trading Strategies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lee, K.H., Jo, G.S.: Expert system for predicting stock market timing using a candlestick chart. Exp. Sys. Appl. 16, 257–364 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Z., Jiang, J., Liu, X., Lau, R., Wang, H., Zhang, R.: A real-time hybrid pattern matching scheme for stock time series. In: Proc. 21st Australasian Conf. on Database Technologies, vol. 104, pp. 161–170 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Goumatianos, N., Christou, I., Lindgren, P.: Intraday Business Model Strategies on Forex Markets: Comparing the performance of Price Pattern Recognition Methods. Journal of Multi Business Model Innovation and Technology 2(1) (2013) ISSN:2245-8832Google Scholar
- 13.Dunis, C.L., Williams, M.: Modelling and trading the EUR/USD exchange rate: Do neural network models perform better? Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation 8, 211–239 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Bettebghor, D., et al.: Surrogate Modeling Approximation using a Mixture of Experts based on EM joint Estimation. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 43(2) (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Schapire, R.E.: The Boosting Approach to Machine Learning: An Overview. In: MSRI Workshop (2002)Google Scholar