Rotor State Feedback in the Design of Rotorcraft Attitude Control Laws
Helicopter flight control law design including rotor state feedback (RSF) is considered. A mathematical model suitable for analysis and design of RSF control systems is obtained and a structured H ∞ approach to the problem is proposed, capable of guaranteeing stability and performance robustness. The framework also encompasses fault tolerance with respect to failures of the rotor state sensors. Simulation results comparing the proposed approach to results obtained using conventional attitude control laws are presented and discussed.
KeywordsStep Response Rotor Dynamic Main Rotor Roll Axis Lateral Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blanken, C.L., Hoh, R.H., Mitchell, D.G., Key, D.L.: Test guide for ADS-33E-PRF. Tech. Rep. AMR-AF-08-07, AMRDEC (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.ADS-33E-PRF, Aeronautical Design Standard, Performance Specification. Handling Qualities Requirements for Military Rotorcraft (March 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Mansur, M.H., Lusardi, J.A., Tischler, M.B., Berger, T.: Achieving the best compromise between stability margins and disturbance rejection performance. In: 65th Annual Forum of the American Helicopter Society, Grapevine, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Horn, J.F., Guo, W., Ozdemir, G.T.: Use of rotor state feedback to improve closed-loop stability and handling qualities. Journal of the American Helicopter Society 57(2), 1–10 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Blanken, C.L., Lusardi, J.A., Ivler, C.M., Tischler, M.B., Hofinger, M.T., Decker, W.A., Malpica, C.A., Berger, T., Tucker, G.E.: An investigation of rotorcraft stability-phase margin requirements in hover. In: 65th Annual Forum of the American Helicopter Society, Grapevine, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Tischler, M.B.: System identification requirements for high-bandwidth rotorcraft flight control system design. In: 1991 American Control Conference, Boston, USA (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Ivler, C.M.: Development and comparison of explicit and implicit rotor-state feedback control systems for a fly-by-wire UH-60. In: AHS Rotorcraft Handling Qualities Specialists Meeting, Huntsville, USA (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Panza, S., Lovera, M.: Rotor state feedback in helicopter flight control: robustness and fault tolerance. In: IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control, Antibes-Nice, France (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Padfield, G.D.: Helicopter flight dynamics: the theory and application of flying qualities and simulation modelling. Blackwell (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Skogestad, S., Postlethwaite, I.: Multivariable feedback control: analysis and design. J. Wiley and Sons (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Apkarian, P.: Tuning controllers against multiple design requirements. In: American Control Conference, Washington DC, USA (2013)Google Scholar