Mapping the OGC SensorThings API onto the OpenIoT Middleware
The OGC SensorThings API is an OGC candidate standard for providing an open and unified way to interconnect IoT devices, data, and applications over the Web. The OpenIoT middleware, developed in the OpenIoT project, is an Open Source reference implementation to support IoT applications. Consequently the OpenIoT middleware is the perfect platform to implement the OGC candidate standard and to test its applicability.
This paper describes the approach to map the OGC data model to the OpenIoT data model and discusses the findings of this proof of concept experiment.
KeywordsMobile Sensor Sensor Type SPARQL Query Geometry Object RESTful Service
This work was funded in part by the European Community in the framework of the OpenIoT FP7 project (Open Source blueprint for large scale self-organizing cloud environments for IoT applications) under contract number FP7-ICT-287305.
- 1.LeHong, H., Velosa, A.: Hype cycle for the internet of things, July 2014. https://www.gartner.com/doc/2804217
- 2.Liang, S.: The OGC sensorThings API, July 2014. http://ogc-iot.github.io/ogc-iot-api/
- 3.Liang, S.: The OGC sensorThings API - datamodel, July 2014. http://ogc-iot.github.io/ogc-iot-api/datamodel.html
- 4.OASIS: Oasis open data protocol (odata) technical committee, July 2014. https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=odata
- 5.Open Geospatial Consortium: Observations and measurements model, July 2014. http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/om
- 6.Open Geospatial Consortium: Sensor web enablement (swe), July 2014. http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/markets-technologies/swe
- 7.OpenIoT Consortium: Openiot - open source cloud solution for the internet of things, July 2014. http://www.openiot.eu/
- 8.Prud’hommeaux, E., Seaborne, A.: Sparql query language for RDF, March 2013. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/
- 9.W3C Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group: Semantic sensor network ontology, July 2014. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/ssnx/ssn