PCTgen: Automated Generation of Test Cases for Application Workflows
Functional testing of application workflows is one of the most frequently used testing methods. To reduce test design effort and decrease a possibility of human mistake, it is suitable to support the process by an automated method. In this paper we present the PCTgen, solution, which is open and flexible, available for free to the test designer community and do not assume existence of UML design documentation of certain quality and consistency on the project. The PCTgen is bringing several innovative features as well as the possibility to interchange data with design and test management tools. Together with this solution, an algorithm for the generation of workflow test cases is introduced.
KeywordsFunctional Testing Workflow Testing Process Cycle Test Test Coverage Directed Graph DFS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Koomen, T., van der Aalst, B., Brokeman, M., Vroon, M.: TMap Next, for result-driven testing, pp. 675–680. UTN Publishers, Den Bosch (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.De Grood, D.: TestGoal: Result-Driven Testing, pp. 210–214. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Pol, M., Teunissen, R., van Veenendaal, E.: Software Testing: A Guide to TMap Approach, pp. 247–254. Addison Wesley (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Van Veenendall, E.: The Testing Practitioner, pp. 246–249. UTN Publishers, Den Bosch (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Graph Magics, http://www.graph-magics.com/
- 9.Graph-tool: Efficient network analysis, https://graph-tool.skewed.de/
- 13.Swain, R.K., Panthi, V., Mohapatra, D.P., Behera, P.K.: Innovations Syst. Softw. Eng. 10, 165–180 (2014)Google Scholar