Reducing the Complexity of Normal Basis Multiplication
In this paper we introduce a new transformation method and a multiplication algorithm for multiplying the elements of the field GF\((2^k)\) expressed in a normal basis. The number of XOR gates for the proposed multiplication algorithm is fewer than that of the optimal normal basis multiplication, not taking into account the cost of forward and backward transformations. The algorithm is more suitable for applications in which tens or hundreds of field multiplications are performed before needing to transform the results back.
- 6.Gao, S.: Normal bases over finite fields. Ph.D. thesis, University of Waterloo (1993)Google Scholar
- 16.Mastrovito, E.D.: VLSI architectures for computation in Galois fields. Ph.D. thesis, Linköping University, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping, Sweden (1991)Google Scholar
- 19.Omura, J., Massey, J.: Computational method and apparatus for finite field arithmetic (May 1986). U.S. Patent Number 4,587,627Google Scholar
- 22.Saldamlı, G.: Spectral modular arithmetic. Ph.D. thesis, Oregon State University (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.Saldamlı, G., Baek, Y.J., Koç, Ç.K.: Spectral modular arithmetic for binary extension fields. In: The 2011 International Conference on Information and Computer Networks (ICICN), pp. 323–328 (2011)Google Scholar
- 24.Seroussi, G.: Table of low-weight binary irreducible polynomials (August 1998). Hewlett-Packard, HPL-98-135Google Scholar