Multibody System Simulation of Hysteresis Effect by Micro Textile-Reinforced Compliant Mechanisms with Piezo-electric Actuators
- 845 Downloads
The function integration in textile reinforced compliant structures requires integrated actuation besides mobility and sensors. Especially in micro-mechanisms, the piezo-actors are very useful due to their compactness, high forces and electrical control. However, the actuation hysteresis may be a problem in designing such structures aiming specific movements. Some procedures for multibody simulation taking into account the piezo-electric hysteresis effect are presented in this paper.
KeywordsPiezo-actuators Hysteresis Micro-mechanisms Multi body system simulation
The authors would like to express their gratitude towards the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), which supports this research within the scope of the subproject D2 of the Collaborative Research Centre SFB 639 “Textile-Reinforced Composite Components in Function-Integrating Multi-Material Design for Complex Lightweight Applications”.
- Howell LL (2001) Compliant mechanisms. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Hufenbach W, Modler K-H, Täger O, Modler N, Lovasz E-C (2006a) Design and manufacturing of smart textile compliant hinges. Acta Tech Napoc 2:831–836Google Scholar
- Hufenbach W, Modler K-H, Täger O, Modler N, Renner O (2006b) Contribution to the development of active compliant lightweight mechanism structures. In: Proceedings of the 4th IFAC-symposium on mechatronic systems, Heidelberg, 12–14 Sept 2006. – Preprints on CD-ROMGoogle Scholar
- Hufenbach W, Gude M, Modler N, Kirvel Ch (2007) Novel function-integrated lightweight solutions based on thermoplastic composites and material-adapted piezoceramic actor modules. Adv Mater Technol (AMT) 3–4:254–260Google Scholar
- Modler N (2008) Nachgiebigkeitsmechanismen aus Textilverbunden mit integrierten aktorischen Elementen. Dissertation Technische Universität DresdenGoogle Scholar
- Modler N, Hufenbach W, Modler K-H, Lovasz E-Ch, Perju D, Margineanu DA (2009) Design of compliant mechanisms with integrated actuators. In: SYROM 2009 – Proceedings of the 10th IFToMM international symposium on science of mechanisms and machines, Braşov (Romania), 12–15 October 2009, pp 655–664Google Scholar