Road Traffic Question Answering System Using Ontology
Many people use social media to report and receive road traffic information, e.g., car accidents and congestions. We have implemented a Twitter-based traffic-related information reposting (retweeting) system, which users usually referred to as @traffy. To improve on our works, we propose an ontology-based Thai-language question answering system that gathers real-time traffic data from Twitter. The data collected are converted into traffic incident knowledge of what is happening and where it is happening. The system can then infer which points of interest (POIs) are affected by the incidents. Users can use natural (Thai) language to query the system against the ontology to receive traffic-related information. The system is currently deployed for demonstration on the web and developers can utilize it via REST API.
KeywordsIntelligent Transport System Traffic information Question answering system Ontology Twitter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wanichayapong, N., Pruthipunyaskul, W., Pattara-Atikom, W., Chaovalit, P.: Social-based traffic information extraction and classification. In: 2011 11th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST), pp. 107–112. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Bishr, Y., Kuhn, W.: Ontology-based modelling of geospatial information. In: 3rd AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science, pp. 25–27. Citeseer, May 2000Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, W., Zhu, Q.: Ontology-based semantic fusion of traffic information. In: 2012 International Conference on Computer Science & Service System (CSSS), pp. 769–772. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Samper, J.J., Tomás, V.R., Martinez, J.J., van den Berg, L.: An ontological infrastructure for traveller information systems. In: Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference, ITSC 2006, pp. 1197–1202. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Dongli, Y., Suihua, W., Ailing, Z.: Traffic accidents knowledge management based on ontology. In: Sixth International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, FSKD 2009, pp. 447–449. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Wanichayapong, N., Peachavanish, R., Pattara-Atikom, W.: An ontology design for traffic incident Q&A system. In: 20th ITS World Congress 2013 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Sansan Thai Lexeme Tokenizer by NECTEC. http://www.sansarn.com/