Traffic Simulation for All: A Real World Traffic Scenario from the City of Bologna
- 1.4k Downloads
A large effort is needed to gather, convert and adapt all the data needed to replicate a part of a real road network. To allow performing real-world evaluations using SUMO out-of-the-box, three “real-world” traffic simulation scenarios that represent parts of the city of Bologna are made available to the public. With these scenarios, researchers are able to start their investigations with little preparation effort and can concentrate on their research questions. This article describes, evaluates, and discusses the scenarios.
KeywordsReal world traffic scenario Open data Validation Microscopic simulation
- 1.Krajzewicz D, Erdmann J, Behrisch M, Bieker L (2012) Recent development and applications of SUMO—simulation of urban mobility. Int J Adv Syst Meas 5(3 and 4):128–138Google Scholar
- 2.Simulation of Urban MObility (2014). www.sumo.dlr.de. Accessed 6 Jan 2015
- 3.iTETRIS (2014). http://www.ict-itetris.eu/10-10-10-community/. Accessed 13 Oct 2014
- 4.iTETRIS Consortium (publisher): iTETRIS Deliverable 3.2—Traffic Modelling: ITS Algorithms, April 2010Google Scholar
- 5.PTV AG (2014) PTV AG web site. http://www.ptv.de/. Accessed 11 Sept 2014
- 6.Google (2010) Google Earth web site. http://earth.google.com.
- 7.Google (2010) Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/.
- 8.Antoniou C, Barcelo J, Brackstone M, Celikoglu HB, Ciuffo B, Punzo V, Sykes P, Toledo T, Vortisch P, Wagner P (2014) Traffic simulation: case for guidelines. http://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/bitstream/111111111/30680/1/2014_multitude_guidelines_on-line.pdf.
- 9.Bieker L, Krajzewicz D (2011) Evaluation of opening bus lanes for private traffic triggered via V2X communication. In: Proceedings of the first forum on integrated and sustainable transportation systems (FISTS), 29 June–1 July 2011, Vienna, AustriaGoogle Scholar
- 10.Bieker L (2011) Emergency vehicle prioritization using vehicle-to-vehicle communication. Young researchers seminar, 8–10 June 2011, Copenhagen, DenmarkGoogle Scholar
- 11.COLOMBO consortium (publisher): COLOMBO project’s Deliverable D2.1: “Policy Definition and dynamic Policy Selection Algorithms”, November 2013Google Scholar
- 12.OpenStreetMap (2014) http://www.openstreetmap.org. Accessed 30 Sept 2014