P System Computational Model as Framework for Hybrid (Membrane-Quantum) Computations
This work presents a hybrid model of high performance computations, representing the P system framework with additional quantum functionalities. This model is supposed to take advantages of both biomolecular and quantum paradigms and to overcome some of their inherent limitations. We extend a recently proposed formal model of interface between a membrane system and quantum sub-systems. The problem of finding the longest common subsequence for a set of strings is exhibited as an example.
KeywordsModels of Computation Parallelism and Concurrency Quantum Computing Biomolecular Computing P Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alhazov, A., Burtseva, L., Cojocaru, S., Colesnicov, A., Malahov, L.: An Approach to Implementation of Hybrid Computational Paradigm. In: The Third Conference of Mathematical Society of the Republic of Moldova, IMCS-50, pp. 437–440 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Leporati, A.: (UREM) P Systems with a Quantum-like Behavior: Background, Definition, and Computational Power. In: Eleftherakis, G., Kefalas, P., Păun, Gh., Rozenberg, G., Salomaa, A. (eds.) WMC 2007. LNCS, vol. 4860, pp. 32–53. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Mateus, P., Omar, Y.: Quantum Pattern Matching. arXiv:quant-ph/0508237v1
- 4.Mermin, N.D.: Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction. Cambridge University Press (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Păun, Gh.: Membrane Computing: An Introduction. Springer (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Rogozhin, Yu., Alhazov, A., Burtseva, L., Cojocaru, S., Colesnicov, A., Malahov, L.: Hybrid (Membrane-Quantum) Model of High Performance Computations in Solving Problems of Computer Algebra Domain (in preparation)Google Scholar
- 7.Rogozhin, Yu., Alhazov, A., Burtseva, L., Cojocaru, S., Colesnicov, A., Malahov, L.: Solving Problems in Various Domains by Hybrid Models of High Performance Computations. Computer Science Journal of Moldova 22(1(64)), 3–20 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Williams, C.P.: Explorations in Quantum Computing. Springer (2008)Google Scholar