Augmented Reality at the Industrial Shop-Floor
- 3.9k Downloads
This paper describes a study of the potential of using augmented reality at the industrial shop-floor with the aim of improving the capability of the shop-floor operators. In the study, a prototype system for augmented reality is developed based on the Oculus Rift platform. The system is evaluated through an experiment in which a physical three-dimensional puzzle is to be assembled.
KeywordsAugmented reality Industrial shop-floor Assembling Oculus rift
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Azuma, R.: A Survey of Augmented Reality. Hughes Research Laboratories, Malibu (1997)Google Scholar
- Henderson, S., Feiner, S.: Evaluating the Benefits of Augmented Reality for Task Localization in Maintenance of an Armored Personnel Carrier Turret. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR 2009), pp. 135–144 (October 2009)Google Scholar
- Jeon, S., Kim, G.J.: Providing a Wide Field of View for Effective Interaction in Desktop Tangible Augmented Reality. VR 2008, pp. 3–10 (2008)Google Scholar
- Looser, J., Billinghurst, M., Cockburn, A., Grasset, R.: An Evaluation of Virtual Lenses for Object Selection in Augmented Reality. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Australia and Southeast Asia, New York, pp. 203–210. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- Steptoe, W: AR-Rift: Stereo camera for the Rift & immersive AR showcase. Oculus Developer Forums. Available on Internet: https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5215 (retrieved June 15, 2014) (2013)
- Woodward, C., Hakkarainen, M., Billinghurst, M.: A client/server architecture for augmented reality on mobile phones. Handbook of research on Mobile Software Engineering - Design, Impementation and Emergent Applications, volume I. In: Alencar, P., Cowan, D. (eds.) Engineering Science Reference, pp. 1–16 (2012)Google Scholar