Performance Analysis of Filters to Wavelet for Noisy Remote Sensing Images
- 2.2k Downloads
In this paper, we have used Linear Imaging Self Scanning Sensor (LISS- III) remote sensing image data sets which are having four bands of Aurangabad region. For an empirical preprocessing work at lab an image is loaded and taken band image of spectral reflectance values and applied median 3x3, median 5x5, sharp 14, sharp 18, smooth 3x3, smooth 5x5 filters and the quality has been successfully measured. It gives better results than original noisy remote sensing image; therefore, the quality has been improved in all filters. Moreover to achieving high quality we have used multilevel 2D wavelet decomposion based on haar wavelet filter while applying various above filters on noisy remote sensing images, we can remove noise from remote sensing images at large level through multilevel 2D Wavelet decomposing based on haar wavelets over above filters has been proved successfully. Thus, this work plays significance important role in the domain of satellite image processing or remote sensing image analysis and its applications as a preprocessing work.
KeywordsRS image Noise Filter Wavelet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rajamani, A., Krishnaven, V.: Performance Analysis Survey of Various SAR Image Despeckling Techniques. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) 90(7) (March 2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Bhosale, N.P., Manza, R.R.: Analysis of Effect of Gaussian, Salt and Pepper Noise Removal from Noisy Remote Sensing Images. In: Second International Conference on Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (ERCICA 2014). Elsevier (August 2014) ISBN: 9789351072607Google Scholar
- 3.Kaur, J.: Image Denoising For Speckle Noise Reduction In Ultrasound Images Using Dwt Technique. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) 2(6) (June 2013) ISSN 2319 – 4847Google Scholar
- 4.Bhosale, N.P., Manza, R.R.: Analysis of effect of noise removal filters on noisy remote sensing images. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER) (10), 1511–1514 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Bhosale, N.P., Manza, R.R.: Effect of Poisson Noise on Remote Sensing Images and Noise Removal using Filters. IBMRD’s Journal of Management & Research 3(2), 77–83 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Bhosale, N.P., Manza, R.R.: Image Denoising Based On Wavelet for Satellite Imagery: A Review. International Journal Of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) (4), 63–68 (2014) ISSN: 2249–6645Google Scholar
- 7.Sulochana, S., Vidhya, R.: Image Denoising using Adaptive Thresholding in Framelet Transform Domain. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(IJACSA) 3(9) (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Bhosale, N.P., Manza, R.R.: A review on noise removal techniques from remote sensing images. In: National Conference, CMS 2012 (April 2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Subashini, P.: Image denoising based on Wavelet Analysis for satellite imagery. In: Wavelet Transform Book, Advance in Wavelet Theory and their Application (2012) ISBN:978-953-51-0494-0Google Scholar
- 11.Robert, A.: Schowengerdt: Remote Sensing models and methods for Image processing, 3rd edn. Acasemic Press, Elsevier (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Kale, K., Manza, R., et al.: Understanding MATLAB, 1st edn. (March 2013)Google Scholar