Haar-Like and HOG Fusion Based Object Tracking
Only unitary feature for object is adopted in the conventional tracking system, making it difficult for robust tracking. Regarding the characteristic of both Haar-like and HOG features, a tracking algorithm fusing these two features is proposed: using the Haar-like features for the structure of the object and HOG features for the edge. A mixed feature pool is constructed with these two features. The On-line Boosting feature selection framework is adopted to select out the notable features, and update these features on line to realize the optimal selection. Four representative videos are used to test the performance of the proposed algorithm in the aspect of illumination change, tacking small targets, complex motion of the object, similar object interference during tracking and so on. Statistical analysis Results of the error show that the tracking system using the fused features outperforms the system using either of the two features.
KeywordsKeywords: Object Tracking On-line Boosting Haar-like HOG fusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Grabner, H., Bischof, H.: On-line boosting and vision. In: Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 260–267 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Grabner, H., Grabner, M., Bischof, H.: Real-time tracking via on-line boosting. In: British Machine Vision Conference, pp. 47–56 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Dalal, N., Triggs, B.: Histograms of oriented gradients for human detection. In: International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 886–893 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, S., Guo, Q., et al.: On-line Boosting Based Real-time Tracking With Efficient HOG. In: International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 2297–2301 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, Q., Yeh, M.C., Cheng, K.T., Avidan, S.: Fast human detection using a cascade of histograms of oriented gradients. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1491–1498 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Xu, F., Gao, M.: Human detection and tracking based on HOG and particle filter. In: International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 1503–1507 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Cai, Y.: Fusing multiple features to detect on-road vehicles. Computing Technology and Automation 32(1), 98–102 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, H., Wang, J., et al.: A new robust object tracking algorithm by fusing multi-features. Journal of Image and Graphics 14(3), 489–498 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Hu, S., Sun, S.-f., Lei, B.-j., Dan, Z.-p.: Haar-like feature based on-line boosting tracking algorithm with directional texture entropy. In: Huet, B., Ngo, C.-W., Tang, J., Zhou, Z.-H., Hauptmann, A.G., Yan, S. (eds.) PCM 2013. LNCS, vol. 8294, pp. 538–549. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar