A Framework to Design Parameterized and Personalized m-health Applications according to the Patient’s Diseases
- 2.1k Downloads
The development of personalized mobile applications is a complex work. Currently, the most of applications for patients monitoring through mobile devices, is not developed considering the particular characteristics of each patient, but these applications have been developed taking into account a general behavior depending on the diseases instead of the own patients. The diseases manifest different symptoms depending on the patient situation. Mary and John (hypothetic patients) have diabetes, but the same measurement of glucose for each one affects their health in a different way. This paper describes a framework that allows the development of mobile applications, personalized for each patient, in such a way that even if they have the same disease, the application will respond to the individual needs of each patient.
Keywordsmobile monitoring m-health chronic diseases adaptive framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.BOSCH, Health Buddy System. (2011), http://www.bosch-telehealth.com (last access 2012)
- 2.AirStrip, T.: AirStrip Patient Monitoring (2011), http://www.airstriptech.com/ (last access 2011)
- 3.WellDoc. WellDoc Health Platform (2011), http://www.welldoc.com/Products-and-Services/Our-Products.aspx (last access 2012)
- 4.Georga, E., Protopappas, V., et al.: Data mining for blood glucose prediction and knowledge discovery in diabetic patients: The METABO diabetes modeling and management system. In: Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Villarreal, V., Hervás, R., Fdez, A.D., Bravo, J.: Applying ontologies in the development of patient mobile monitoring framework. In: 2nd International Conference on e-Health and Bioengineering - EHB 2009, IEEE, Constata (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Villarreal, V., Laguna, J., López, S., Fontecha, J., Fuentes, C., Hervás, R., de Ipiña, D.L., Bravo, J.: A Proposal for Mobile Diabetes Self-control: Towards a Patient Monitoring Framework. In: Omatu, S., Rocha, M.P., Bravo, J., Fernández, F., Corchado, E., Bustillo, A., Corchado, J.M. (eds.) IWANN 2009, Part II. LNCS, vol. 5518, pp. 870–877. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Villarreal, V., et al.: Diabetes Patients’ Care based on Mobile Monitoring. In: IADIS International Conference, Applied Computing 2009, Rome, Italy (2009)Google Scholar