A Web Based Cardiovascular Disease Detection System
Nowadays, Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is one of the most catastrophic and life threatening common health issues. Early detection of CVD is one of the most important solutions to reduce its devastating effects on health. In this paper, an efficient detection algorithm is identified. The algorithm uses patient demographic data as inputs, along with several ECG signal features extracted automatically through signal processing techniques. Cross-validation results show a 98.29% accuracy for the algorithm. The algorithm is also integrated into a web based system that can be used at anytime by patients to check their heart health status. At one end of the system is the ECG sensor attached to the patient’s body, while at the other end is the detection algorithm. Communication between the two ends is done through an Android application.
KeywordsCardiovascular Classification Electrocardiography WEKA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Data Mining Community’s Top Resource, “Industries where you applied Analytics/Data Mining in 2011”. Website: http://www.kdnuggets.com/polls/2011/industries-applied-anaytics-data-mining
- 4.Kumar, D., Bhardwaj, D.: Rise of Data Mining: Current and Future Application Areas. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues 8 (September 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Global status report on noncommunicable 20iseases 2010. Geneva, World Health Organization (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Global atlas on cardiovascular disease prevention and control. Geneva, World Health Organization (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Jones, S.A.: ECG Notes Interpretation and Management Guide (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.PhysioBank Archive Index, Physionet, Cambridge. Website: http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database
- 11.Vishwa, A., et al.: Classification of arrhythmic ECG data using machine learning techniques, pp. 67–70 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Prasad, G.K., Sahambi, J.S.: Classification of ECG arrhythmias using multi-resolution analysis and neural networks, vol. 1. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Melgani, F., Bazi, Y.: Classification of electrocardiogram signals with support vector machines and particle swarm optimization, pp. 667–677. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Osowski, S., Hoai, L.T., Markiewicz, T.: Support vector machine-based expert system for reliable heartbeat recognition, pp. 582–589. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Nasiri, J.A., Naghibzadeh, M., Sadoghi Yazdi, H., Naghibzadeh, B.: ECG Arrhythmia Classification with Support Vector Machines and Genetic Algorithm, pp. 187–192. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.UCI Machine Learning Repository. Website: http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Arrhythmia