Smart Product Management in Retail Environment Based on Dynamic Pricing and Location Services
Product management and pricing are complex tasks that in many occasions they can be a barrier to offer customers an improved shopping experience. Automatizing this process can help the trade business making easier dynamic services in a retail environment. In this paper, a system of autonomous management is proposed based on current requirements of retail environment. This system is able to acquire different information and integrate dynamic pricing updates based on previous set rules. The authors carried out a basic implementation of the proposed system creating a prototype. This prototype has being used for studying the scalability possibilities the system offers and also test out the compatibility between different subsystems. The requirements of this system have been drawn from proposals made by some Spanish Supermarket managers during execution of the project SMARKET, a project funded by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of Spain.
Keywordsproduct management dynamic pricing location system prototype
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Elmaghraby, W., Keskinocak, P.: Dynamic Pricing in the Presence of Inventory Considerations: Research Overview, Current Practices, and Future Directions. Management Science 49(10) (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, J.-S., Chen, S.: Real-time dynamic pricing for multiproduct models with time-dependent customer arrival rates. In: 2009 American Control Conference (ACC 2009), St. Louis, MO, USA (2009) ISBN: 978-1-4244-4523-3Google Scholar
- 3.Guang-Feng, D., Woo-Tsong, L.: Agent-based modeling of supply chain network for adaptive pricing strategy. In: Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE 2nd International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science, Beijing, China (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.DiMicco, J.M., Greenwald, A., Maes, P.: Dynamic pricing strategies under a finite time horizon. In: Proceedings of the 3rd ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Gonzalez-Miranda, S., Alcarria, R., Robles, T., Morales, A., Gonzalez, I., Montcada, E.: Future Supermarket: Overcoming Food Awareness challenges. In: Seventh International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, ICDS 2012. Asia Univ., Taichung (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Ni, L., Liu, Y., Patil, A.: Landmarc: Indoor location sensing using active RFID. In: 1st IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, Texas (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Martin, D., Alcarria, R., Robles, T., Morales, A.: A Systematic Approach for Service Prosumerization in IoT Scenarios. In: The Seventh International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 494–499 (2013), doi:10.1109/IMIS.2013.89Google Scholar