Virtual Touch Book: A Mixed-Reality Book for Inclusive Education
This article presents the Virtual Touch Book, a book with special features that is able to interact with a virtual world. Depending on what page the book is opened, the virtual world contents and behaviour are adapted. An experiment on using this technology was carried out at the IES Ernest Lluch high school, involving students on attention to diversity courses and dealing with the theme "Ancient Greece".
Keywordsvirtual worlds tangible user interfaces inclusive education
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bilinghurst, M., Kato, H., Poupyrev, I.: MagicBook: Transitioning between reality and virtuality. In: CHI 2001 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 25–26. ACM, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Grasset, R., Duenser, A., Billinghurst, M.: Edutainment with a mixed reality book: A visually augmented illustrative children’s book. In: International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE) (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Clark, A., Dünser, A.: An Interactive Augmented Reality Coloring Book. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), pp. 7–10 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Ha, T., Lee, Y., Woo, W.: Digilog book for temple bell tolling experience based on interactive augmented reality, pp. 1–15 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.LibOpenMetaverse, http://openmetaverse.org (access Date: June 2014)