A Service for Semantic Enrichment of Smartphone Photographs
This paper describes an approach to model data extracted from several geospatial data sources based on the geo-metadata from a smartphone photograph. The model enables the geospatial data sources to be cross referenced and inferences made about the relationships between the data and the photograph. The service provided by our system takes a photograph and generates semantic geospatial enrichments that can be annotated to the photograph.
KeywordsGeospatial data Semantic enrichment Spatial ontology Smartphone photograph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, J.: Smartphones in Use Surpass 1 Billion, Will Double by 2015 (2012), http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-17/smartphones-in-use-surpass-1-billion-will-double-by-2015.html (accessed: May 29, 2014)
- 2.Pettey, C.: Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2013 (2012), http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2209615 (accessed: May 15, 2013)
- 4.Ballan, L., Bertini, M., Del Bimbo, A., Serra, G.: Video annotation and retrieval using ontologies and rule learning. IEEE Multimed. 20(17), 2–10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bannour, H., Hudelot, C.: Towards ontologies for image interpretation and annotation. In: 2011 9th Int. Work. Content-Based Multimed. Index., pp. 211–216 (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Yi, S.: Learning ontologies for geographic entity matching and multi-sources data fusion. In: 21st Int. Conf. Geoinformatics, pp. 1–5 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Ennis, A., Chen, L., Nugent, C., Ioannidis, G., Stan, A.: A System for Real-Time High-Level Geo-Information Extraction and Fusion for Geocoded Photos. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Adv. Mob. Comput. Multimed., MoMM 2013, pp. 75–84 (2013)Google Scholar