Privacy-Respecting School Community Interaction Platform
- 776 Downloads
Privacy-preserving Attribute-based Credentials (Privacy-ABCs) are powerful techniques to provide secure privacy-respecting access control and cope with minimal disclosure of attributes as well as partial identities. The ABC4Trust EU Project has designed a generic architecture model that abstracts away the cryptographic details of Privacy-ABC technologies and provides well-defined APIs to the application developers. To further demonstrate the applicability of Privacy-ABCs and also verify the implementation of the proposed architecture, the ABC4Trust Project launched two pilots in Greece and Sweden.
In this paper, we report on the design of the School Community Interaction Platform as the pilot application in Sweden. The platform was developed as a web-based application to be used for chat communication, counseling, political discussions and the exchange of authentic sensitive, personal data between pupils, parents, and such school personnel as teachers, nurses, and so on, in a privacy-respecting way.
KeywordsPrivacy-preserving attribute-based credentials School community interaction platform ABC4Trust Privacy-respecting access control
- 1.Microsoft U-Prove. http://www.microsoft.com/uprove
- 2.Identity Mixer. http://idemix.wordpress.com/
- 3.Attribute-based Crednetials for Trust (ABC4Trust) EU Project. https://abc4trust.eu/
- 4.Findahl, O.: Digital identities and the open business (2013). https://www.iis.se/docs/Swedes_and_the_internet-2013.pdf,
- 5.Rannenberg, K.: Multilateral security a concept and examples for balanced security. In: Proceedings of the 2000 Workshop on New Security Paradigms, pp. 151–162. ACM (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.D2.1 Architecture for Attribute-based Credential Technologies Version 1. https://abc4trust.eu/download/ABC4Trust-D2.1-Architecture-V1.pdf
- 7.Sabouri, A., Krontiris, I., Rannenberg, K.: Trust relationships in privacy-ABCs’ ecosystems. In: Eckert, C., Katsikas, S.K., Pernul, G. (eds.) TrustBus 2014. LNCS, vol. 8647, pp. 13–23. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.D5.1 Scenario Definition for both Pilots. https://abc4trust.eu/download/ABC4Trust-D5.1-Scenario-Definition.pdf
- 9.D6.1 Application Description for the School Deployment. https://abc4trust.eu/download/ABC4Trust-D6.1-Application-Description-School.pdf
- 10.D6.2 Necessary hardware and software package for the school pilot deployment. https://abc4trust.eu/download/ABC4Trust-D6.2.Hard-and-Software-Package-for-School-Pilot.pdf
- 11.Sabouri, A., Lindstrom Jensen, J., Lyneborg Damgrd, K., Dam Nielsen, J., Rannenberg, K.: Integrating and trialling attribute-based credentials on smartcards for building trust - the ABC4Trust project. In: 24 SmartCard Workshop. Fraunhofer Verlag, Stuttgart, pp. 8–21 (2014)Google Scholar